Servings: 4 Prep Time: 10 Cook Time: 15 min.
Cheap, easy and delicious. If you need some extra protein, add shrimp or chicken. Bean sprouts would be a yummy addition too. Heck, throw in any extra veggies from your fridge.
• 6 oz udon (or soba) noodles, dried
• 6 cup(s) chicken broth, low sodium
• 3 tbsp soy sauce, low sodium
• 2 tsp dark brown sugar
• 2 tsp ginger root, minced
• 1 cup(s) snap peas
• 1 cup(s) shiitake mushrooms, sliced
• 3/4 cup(s) bok choy, sliced
1. Cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat chicken stock, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger. Bring to a boil and add vegetables. Let cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
3. Divide noodles between four bowls. Top with vegetables and broth. (optional: top with wonton strips)