Servings: 4 Prep Time: 10 min. Cook Time: 25 min.
Lettuce leaves are filled with rice, thin and tender slices of flank steak, green onion, sesame seeds and hoisin sauce. Fabulously simple and delicious.
• 1 cup(s) white rice
• 1 lb flank steak
• 1/2 cup(s) hoisin sauce, divided
• 4 leaves bibb lettuce
• 1 bunch(es) green onion(s), thinly sliced
• 2 tsp sesame seeds
1. Prepare rice according to package directions.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil. Lay flank steak on top and season with s&p. Preheat broiler to high.
3. Broil steak for 3 minutes (6 inches from heat). Brush on 2 tbsp of hoisin sauce and broil for 2 more minutes.
4. Flip steak over and repeat step 3.
5. If steak is not cooked through, move to lower rack and cook until desired doneness.
6. Let steak rest for 5 minutes and slice against grain. Fill lettuce leaves with rice, slices of steak, green onion and sesame seeds. Dilute 1/4 cup of the remaining hoisin sauce with 2 tbsp of water. Serve wraps with diluted sauce.